The Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) was implemented on 1st October 2011 and was the most significant legislation to hit the recruitment industry since the introduction of the National Minimum Wage in 1999. The AWR stipulates that agency workers are entitled to equal pay and conditions as permanent employees in the same business who do the same work, we call this “Pay Parity”.
Pay Parity with BE Recruitment: Overview
- Ensuring temporary workers are paid equally to permanent ‘comparable workers’ after 12 weeks work, including overtime premiums, bonuses, and holiday entitlement
- Our consultants know what information is needed to ensure AWR compliance and guide customers through the information gathering process making it stress free, quick and easy
- We have invested in the creation of bespoke payroll software to ensure that all of our temps receive pay parity and other associated benefits when entitled to it, leaving no room for human error.
- Our payroll software (and dedicated payroll teams) provide our recruitment consultants with the time and freedom to focus on recruiting and service delivery
- We offer competitive margins whilst at the same time ensuring compliance with the AWR
How do you know if your agency has the necessary software needed to ensure AWR compliance? Do you know that just one hour’s work in one calendar week is equal to one full week in terms of the AWR? Has your agency explained the “anti-avoidance regulation” to you and the risks to your business of non-compliance? Do you know that any underpayment or oversight relating to the AWR could result in a £5,000 fine, plus the worker will be entitled to make a tribunal claim? Both the agency and the end employer are liable for penalty charges whether done unknowingly or not.
BE Recruitment can offer a free consultation if you have any questions or concerns regarding your current agency arrangement. Please contact us today to arrange a meeting to discover what Pure Staff can do for you. Our key values are Support, Quality, Honesty, Flexibility and Value for Money – this is why Pure Staff are now recognised as one of the leading Driving and Industrial agencies in the UK.
If you would like to discuss your requirements in more detail and get advice on the AWR please do not hesitate to contact us today!