BE Recruitment are currently working with a leading automotive company in NN14 area, who are looking for an experienced Buyer to join their team. This is a permanent role from day 1 and is not agency work.
Day to day may include:
- Monitor and maintain supply lines for all raw materials and nominated services to ensure that they are ‘fit for purpose’ in line with the business requirements.
- Represent the Purchasing department at NPI meetings to ensure that all pre-production requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support to logistic colleagues to ensure the co-ordination of requirements with manufacturing and expediting of supplies in line with customer schedules.
- Support the management, control and optimisation of all material stocks on site.
- Control the day-to-day management and updating of Vendor Measurement System and department KPI’s
- Administration and maintenance of company data and BOM’s
- Co-ordinate and control all supplier sourcing, evaluation, contract negotiation and development
- Direct, develop and manage staff within the Purchasing and Logistics departments in the absence of the SCM.
- Making regular visits to suppliers both within UK and Europe.
- Any other duties / tasks as required by the SCM.
Working shifts and pay:
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm
- Friday 8am – 2pm
- £45k – £50k Dependant on experience
Requirements & Experience:
- Experience of procurement within a Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive) – essential
- Handling key suppliers and identifying potential alternatives – essential
- Identifying and managing cost reduction initiatives – essential
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Developing supply Strategies and working with procurement to ensure smooth flow of materials in to the business.
- Managing Non Conformity Report’s and working with suppliers & other departments within the business tO implement robust corrective actions.
- Working within the NPI teams.
- Good knowledge of MRP systems and Microsoft applications (Office, Excel – to include Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength of character to implement and drive through change.
- Detailed and thorough approach to all aspects of work.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- Full clean driving license essential.
Please apply if interested, and one our team will be in touch!
If you haven’t heard back from us within 3 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
We act as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
BE Recruitment is an equal opportunity recruiter and therefore we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age