Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 08.00-17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.00-14.00 on a Friday
Salary: £33k per annum
Immediate starts available
Our client based in Coventry require a Maintenance Engineer who will be responsible for conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and performing preventive maintenance on sewing production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of all production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of sewing production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up production and sewing machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs, but not limited to, mechanical and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair of production sewing machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as required and or as assigned.
- Ensure safety checks on all machinery are conducted and records maintained
- Respond to machine breakdowns to minimise plant downtime
- Install and commission new and current equipment where required
- Procure and maintain spares lists for all equipment
- Maintain all reactive/preventive records on all machinery and equipment using the maintenance system
- Reduce/minimise machine downtime to achieve performance measures
- Carry out other duties as required by the needs of the business where skills and training allow
Skills and Experience
- Experience within an automotive manufacturing environment is desirable
- Sewing Machine repairs and maintenance experience is desirable
- IT literate including proficiency in Microsoft applications is essential
- Good literacy and numeracy skills are essential
- Experience of jig/tool design and manufacture is desirable
- At least 5 years experience within a maintenance/facilities environment is essential
- A full UK drivers license is essential
- A forklift truck license is preferred but not essential
- An understanding of the Health and Safety At Work is essential
- An indentured apprenticeship in either an electrical or mechanical discipline is preferred but not essential
Immediate interview available so please contact Lucy @ BE Skilled & Engineering Leicester on 07966339795, or click “Apply Now” to send your CV direct
Be Recruitment Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified otherwise.