Mechanical Fitter – Concrete batching plant
Day shifts 7am – 5pm
Pay: £13.50 – 14.00 / hr (overtime available)
Long term / Permanent role
Immediate start available
- Install, commission and service equipment including concrete mixers, wash systems, dust extraction units, screw conveyors and pallet cleaners.
- Dealing with all aspects of the equipment: mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic
- Regular servicing, inspection for damage or wear and tear and making adjustments
- Diagnosing the cause of breakdowns referencing manuals, worksheets and technical drawings
- Utilising computer diagnostic equipment to find faults in complex machinery
- Repairing or replacing damaged parts and reassembling and testing
- Completing daily log sheets, listing work done and time spent on it
- Provide technical and breakdown support.
- Acquire technical information to help other departments in their conversations with customers.
- Hands-on experience as a mechanical fitter, preferably installing and servicing equipment in concrete batching plants.
- Ideally good understanding of batching plant processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Physically fit.
- Full UK driving licence, no more than 3 points.
- Willing to work varied hours, stay away from home regularly and work some weekends.
- Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of and diligent about following site-relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Immediate interview available so please contact Lucy @ BE Skilled & Engineering Leicester on 07966339795, or click “Apply Now” to send your CV direct
Be Recruitment Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency and Employment Business. You can view all of our live vacancies by visiting our website. Please be aware that if unsuccessful, we will retain your CV on file and will endeavour to find you a suitable position unless notified of otherwise.