Be Recruitment Swindon are currently recruiting for a Production Operator to work at a long standing automotive production facility in Stratton, Swindon (SN3) in the gel production area!
This is a genuine temporary to permanent opportunity with interviews available immediately!
The purpose of this role is the manufacturing production of various items for the automotive industry!
This role does involve heavy lifting.
This position involves working closely with various departments in the business, the right candidate will gain an effective understanding of these teams responsibilities.
Benefits of the Production Operator role:
- Life assurance (4 x BASE SALARY)
- Auto enrolment in to a generous company pension scheme from day 1 with the employer contributing 8.5%
- Option to join private healthcare scheme, with no charge to employee
- Eyecare vouchers
- Discretionary end of year personal performance bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual salry review conducted every year
- Free on-site parking
- Salary sacrafice scheme
- Discounted food available on site
- Free tea and coffee
- Free uniform laundry service
- Access to confidential mental health services
Shifts available/ Rates of pay for the Production Operator Role:
- 06.00 – 14.00 / 14.00 – 22.00 (Rotational shifts – However on the late week the Friday is worked as 10.00 – 18.00)
- £11.00 per hour, rising to £12.37 per hour once permanent (inclusive of shift allowance)
Duties for this Production Operator role include, but are not limited to:
- Following all steps within the SOP’s when working on the manufacture of the product.
- Prepping and cleaning equipment
- Accurate completion of batch documentation
- Operate equipment safely and effectively for production processing
- Ensure appropriate PPE is worn at all times
- Follow safety procedures whilst working
- Provide assistance to other operators where required
- Recommend process improvements to enhance operational effeciencies
- Maintain a clean, well organised working area
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and specific procedures
- Able to complete any documentation with the highest level of accuracy
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and hit targets
- Due to the nature of the role, experience in industrial production is essential
- Ability to lift heavy items as the role involves heavy lifting
General Expectations of the role:
- Actively take part, support and improve departmental safety
- Meeting or exceeding departmental efficiency goals
- Work with team members in a professional and respectful manner
- A good attitude towards your work, the business and its people
- Ensure consistently high quality work through the proper use of materials and correct processing
- Keep Team Leaders, Managers and Supervisors informed of any issues in a timely manner
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork
- Actively engage in the resolution of work related issues
If you are interested in applying for this great, temp to perm opportunity, then please call 01793 380381 and ask to speak with Aaron today!